20100707

Still waiting!

So, the KOH was ordered on 6/30, and it just left Texas today! Yar, I was hoping to get started on the processing today, but instead I get to look over all of the instructions, the chemistry, make sure I have all of the other required ingredients and equipment, and busy myself with other matters (such as a very hot day with dry tomato plants, or this blog).

As I'm looking it all over again, I think maybe I should stop! I need to stop thinking about it until I'm ready to start. As it is, I've looked over it all to know that the KOH is all I need, and rerereading those safety warnings is just making me nervous about, well, safety! But I know I've taken all of that into account too, so really... I'm just working myself up over it all.


WARNING

Making Biodiesel requires the use of flammable, toxic liquids and strong caustics to make a fuel. No matter what safety precautions are put in place or what equipment you use, making biodiesel will never be a safe hobby and can place you, your property, and your family at risk of injury or even death. Make Biodiesel at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment