20100726

Flowers and women

Ever really thought about flowers and how they do what they do? Simple example: a flowering plant, ready to reproduce (it's horny) creates a flower (puts on makeup and a short skirt) to attract bugs and other critters to it's nectar (sex!). These critters may have visited other flowers (potential mates) and are carrying their genetic information in the form of pollen (semen). Because these bugs may have visited plants with undesirable qualities, many flowers have developed the ability to sort pollen. That is, they completely ignore the pollen from plants of other species and are selective with the pollen from plants of their own species.

Because we, as physically mobile breeders, have the ability to observe and select the mate firsthand (how YOU doin' sweet stuff?) we have never developed the ability to sort semen inside the womb. That is, we sort the males before we get it on. We have developed, instead, selective relationships along with birth control methods.

Perennial flowering plants which are not healthy enough to produce healthy offspring often never create the flower at all, and wait until the next year.

As a mindful being, I wonder if the love created is as much the fruit as any potential offspring. The possible child is not the whole point, and is often irrelevant to the mating process among humans. The relationship itself is fruit sweeter than a cherry. If you're not prepared to make sweet fruit (separate human or otherwise) then perhaps you should wait for next season and become stronger yourself first. I didn't consider this an option for a very long time, and then I had that realization. I had thought I was taking care of myself, but wasn't aware enough of me to really know! I did separate myself from relationships (mostly) for a while before I found this love that's made me lucky again. I wouldn't have been prepared for this had I jumped in! I love myself, I'm ready to make fruit (though not a baby)!

Think about it, though thinking


rarely replaces doing.

--
Consider yourself god and you gain dominion over your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment